St Thomas Nissan cares about our community and we currently remain open regular business hours. We understand the needs of our customers to have their vehicles serviced and to purchase vehicles. We are using safety protocols to maintain safe social distancing during this time and we are taking preventative steps to keep our visitors and staff safe.
We are asking our customers to not come in if:
1) They have travelled outside the country in the last 14 days
2) They have been on an airplane in the last 14 days, where possible unknown exposure may have occurred
3) They have been in direct contact with someone who travelled outside the country in the last 14 days or who is exhibiting flu-like symptoms.
4) They have flu-like symptoms themselves or feel unwell, or have someone in their household who does.
We are maintaining safe workplace procedures. We have increased our cleaning and sanitation and have implemented the following standards:
1) No handshaking policy.
2) Social distancing
3) Employees while sick or experiencing flu-like symptoms are at home.
4) ALL departments at the dealership are cleaned thoroughly.
5) A sanitizing agent will be used throughout the day on frequently touched surfaces in all parts of our dealership. It will be used immediately following any business conducted with our customers on the local area of the business conducted
6) Handwashing signs are posted in all washrooms and at entrances. Increased handwashing and cleanliness protocols are in place.
Keeping everyone safe and healthy is important! We will keep you up to date with business operations as government announcements are made.
At Nissan Canada, we understand that these continue to be unprecedented and challenging times, as COVID-19 is having a major impact on our daily lives. Please rest assured that during this period of uncertainty, it remains Nissan’s utmost priority to protect the health and safety of our customers and employees.
Dealership Accessibility We recognize that vehicle service and repair are essential to ensure that our customers who need to work and to take care of their families have the mobility to do so — especially in the absence or reduction of public transportation in some cases. However, some of our dealerships may have made the decision to temporarily close, as the COVID-19 situation progresses and as directed by Government authorities. We encourage you to check with your local store or visit their website, for updated hours of operation.
Health and Safety – Dealerships We have recommended that our Nissan dealerships which remain open take a series of precautionary steps as directed by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) to help keep our customers, as well as their own teams, safe as we manage through this situation together. These measures include increased cleaning and sanitizing procedures, focused on ensuring that high touch surfaces in the dealerships, service departments and on vehicles are regularly and thoroughly disinfected. Additionally, we have encouraged all our dealership staff to apply social distancing. Any employees with even a slight indication of illness have been instructed to refrain from coming in to work. We have also maximized cleaning measures at our distribution centres to ensure safe usage of parts and accessories.
Health and Safety – Corporate Office As of March 16, we directed our employees with the ability to work remotely to do so until further notice. This action is out of an abundance of caution to help reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus. Thus, to ensure our network will not face any shortage, our Parts Distribution Centers remain operational with enhanced safety measures in place and our call centers will stay open.
We thank you for being a part of the Nissan community. We promise to continue monitoring and responding to this rapidly changing situation, and ask that you please take care of yourself, your family, and the people around you. We will get through this together.